How many people do you personally know with a soy allergy?

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I have been wanting anything with peanut butter this week. So finally on my day off I had time to find a good recipe. I chose Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcakes. Here is the link to the recipe I used: http://glorioustreats.blogspot.com/2011/02/chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcakes-recipe.html. I think the cupcakes turned out to be delicious but I was not 100% satisfied with the consistency of the icing. It wasn't spreadable so I added about another 1-2 tablespoons of whole milk which helped but still wasn't quite right.
When making any recipe you need to look at the ingredient list for anything soy. Some peanut butter brands have soybean oil and also some vanilla flavoring has soy. I think everything else in the recipe should be soy free. But as with any product you need to look at the ingredient list everytime you purchase them just to be sure the company hasn't changed their ingredient list.
Before I had a soy allergy I loved to eat Reese's peanut butter cups. I truly miss not being able to go buy a candy bar when I get the desire for one. But I guess the soy allergy saved me from gaining lots of weight!!!
Hope everyone has a great, soy-free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment